|Open Professional Divisions||$1,500||$1,000||$700||$500||$400||$300|
|Professional Rising Star Divisions||$500||$400||$300||$200||$100||$50|
Pro-Am and Am-Am Scholarships
|Pro-Am BRONZE Schoalrships
Bronze level students only.
|Pro-Am SILVER Scholarships
Silver level students only.
|Open Pro-Am Scholarships
Open to all students.
|Open Amateur-Amateur and Junior Scholarship
Open to amateur couples.
Equal prize money will be awarded in all five styles, i.e. American Smooth and Rhythm, International Ballroom and Latin, and Nightclub.
If less than 3 competitors, prize monies will be in the form of vouchers towards the 2022 event.
Top Teacher Awards
The Top Teacher category has been changed for 2021 to a “POT OF GOLD” you decide your prize money!!! Everyone is a winner!
|26 to 50 entries||$3|
|51 to 75 entries||$4|
|76 to 100 entries||$5|
|101 to 125 entries||$6|
|126 to 150 entries||$7|
|151 to 175 entries||$8|
|176 to 199 entries||$9|
|200 entries and above||$10|
The third highest overall Top Teacher with a minimum of 150 danced entries receives a $500 additional bonus.
The second highest overall Top Teacher with a minimum of 175 danced entries receives a $750 bonus.
The highest overall Top Teacher with a minimum of 200 danced entries receives an additional $1000 bonus.
To qualify, a Teacher must dance a minimum of 25 single dance entries.
All entries must be danced in order to count towards the Top Teacher/Pot of Gold.
All uncontested Pro-Am entries count full points. Any discounted (i.e. junior, etc.) entries will be 1/2
Student/Student freestyles, multi, and any Solo or Showcase entries do NOT count towards Top Teacher
prizes or bonuses.
Motor City Scholarship Awards
One student and one Professional with the highest accumulated Multi Dance points will be awarded a Gift basket, which will include numerous gifts from the Motown Showdown, and other invited sponsoring events. Please see the Motor City Scholarship Awards page for the details.
Top Student and Studio Awards
TOP STUDENT AWARDS:
It is a unisex division, awards will be presented to the Top Newcomer, Bronze, Silver, Gold and one Top Overall Student.
The point system will be accumulated on the same scale as the Word Dancesport Series.
- To be eligible, a student must enter a minimum of 25 single dance entries.
- The newcomer award is ONLY for a student that is competing for the very FIRST time.
TOP AMATUER COUPLE:
- An award will be given to the Amateur couple that has accumulated the highest overall points.
- To be eligible, a student must enter a minimum of 25 single dance entries
PRE-TEENS, JUNIORS, AND YOUNG ADULTS:
- Any Pro-Am that pays a reduced entry fee will receive half points as described above.
TOP STUDIO AWARDS:
- There will be awards for the top three studios.
- To qualify you must have a minimum of two teachers competing pro-am.
- The point system is based on the same scale as The World Dancesport Series.
- Studio will receive 1 point per Amateur Couple entry danced.
Top Teacher, Top Students, Top Studio, and The Motor City Scholarship Awards will be held during the Saturday evening session. You must be present to receive any awards.
September 5, 2021